[GRLUG] editing then Burning DVD

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:49:58 EDT 2007

Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> Thank you Ron.  Tovid looks like an easy way to create DVD's from
> videos.  Interesting that while it is a command line program, it seems
> that it is easier to use than the GUI programs I was trying to use.
> This should solve my creating DVD's issues.

It comes with a tovid-batch that lets you convert bunches of videos.  I
had about 30 small videos from my event.  I just did a

batch-tovid -dvd -infiles *.avi

and go off and got lunch.

> Now the issue of editing the .mpg files.  Anyone have luck chopping up
> a video.  What programs did you use.

For that, I normally have them in avi format in the first place.  I use
avisplit to break them up and avimerge to put them back together.  It's
a fairly quick and simple way to remove parts I don't want and put it
back together the way I want.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007