[GRLUG] NOT Linux

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 14:43:15 EDT 2007

You are correct sir.  There's
latitude here.  I will consider
something up to $300 if it,
for example,  has a hard drive.
For something that writes
DVD+/-RW,  probably $150
or less,  depending on features.

A big part of what I am willing
to spend will be predicated on
the success and experience anyone
here has had with a particular
unit.  i.e., I'd prefer to get something
that someone else is already happy
with.

I only got about 18 months of admittedly
heavy use from the Panasonic.  But being
Panasonic,  I expected more.  All to say,
you never know.   Brand is not necessarily
an indicator of quality or product lifetime
any more.

If nothing surfaces,  I will try to get in
to the Myth approach.  Well supported on
Ubuntu I read.

     -Bob