[GRLUG] Comcast and net neutrality

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 12:03:02 EDT 2007

On 10/24/07, Greg Folkert <greg at gregfolkert.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 10:21 -0400, Judith Alta wrote:
>

> I've spent about 25 hours chasing down a Operation Phone Number, its
> invalid, I got another one, its the "long distance" number for the toll
> free support line. Which then gives me the first invalid number.
>
> Sending to Comcast is a serious PITA. Getting REAL people on the phone
> to resolve these issue are IMPOSSIBLE.

Typical monopoly behavior.  Big companies
with monopolies usually don't care whether
people live or die on an individual basis.  If
they detect they are losing business by,  say,
the thousands of customers,  they might
wake up and see what's going on.  Otherwise
they just accept a certain amount of churn,
and seem to assume that if you're calling
you're a trouble maker anyway.

I've gotten Comcast people on the phone
now and then,  and they are often snotty has
hell.  And you'll rarely get beyond "power cycle
your machine."  Say that's not the problem and
you'll get "well,  if you don't want us to help you
we have other calls waiting."

Just make sure you get your bill paid on time.

    -Bob