[GRLUG] Installing Feisty Fawn...

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 20:53:40 EDT 2007

Here's a cheat to upgrade:

Run: apt-get update && apt-get upgrade

Then copy every line in your sources.list files that begins with deb
or deb-src, replacing "edgy" with "feisty".

Then run these commands:
apt-get update
apt-get dist-upgrade

It'll take a while, but you should be running Feisty by the end of the
process, as long as you don't abort the process, and as long as
nothing breaks.  It'll occasionally ask you if you want to overwrite a
modified configuration file.  Knowing your system, chances are that's
fine. You can force it to automatically overwrite them by adding
--force-yes to your commands. (Though that's not recommended.)

Again, once you start the dist-upgrade, *don't* abort it.  If you do,
it really will be easier to re-install the system than to clean out
all the broken bits.