[GRLUG] New member looking for install.

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Wed Oct 10 20:04:07 EDT 2007

Sounds like the precursor to a "Which is best" flamewar. :-)

As a beginner, I'd suggest you try Ubuntu.  It has the advantage of a
good combination of usability and community support. As in, if you
want to know how to do something in Ubuntu, chances are that a forum
somewhere has already answered your question.

As for getting a copy I could physically mail you one; meeting people
face-to-face is somewhat difficult for me.

A question: What kind/speed is your Internet connection? A new version
of Ubuntu comes out next week, and your system would update over your
Internet connection, if possible.  If you've got at least DSL, you
shouldn't have any problem with the update.