[GRLUG] Flash Disk Recovery

Ben Rousch brousch at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 11:52:58 EST 2007

> I'd suggest increasing the frequency of cradle visits.  When the
> machines corrupt the drives, is the most-recently-recorded data also
> corrupt, or just the other data that hasn't seen a cradle yet?
>
> I seem to recall that the FAT filesystems have a backup table, too.
> But it's been ages since I fiddled with fsck.vfat

I would suggest reformatting the cards more frequently. I have had similar
problems with card corruption in a digital camera and frequent reformatting
seems to have fixed that problem. Considering the medical nature of the data
being stored, pull each card aside once a week and format it to be safe. You
might also consider tracking corruption for each card so you can tell if
it's one or two cards that are the problem, or the whole batch.