[GRLUG] Flash Disk Recovery

adderd at kkmfg.com adderd at kkmfg.com
Wed Nov 28 20:00:37 EST 2007

On Wed, November 28, 2007 4:46 pm, Rick Vargo wrote:
> Is FAT all that the dictation devices support?  If the devices support
> other more robust filesystems (with journaling) use them in lieu of FAT.
>
> Rick

I'm sure that they don't support anything other than FAT and if they did
you would still not want to do it. Journaling is bad, bad, bad to use on
flash drives. It wears them out. Granted, it sounds as if the dictation
equipment is junk and routinely destroys the drives anyway...

Probably the best solution involves frequent backups and lots of spares.