[GRLUG] What are you doing to expose people to Linux?

Bob Kline bob.kline at gmail.com
Wed Nov 21 22:36:10 EST 2007

On Nov 21, 2007 9:39 PM, Brad Becker <investmgmt at s91195370.onlinehome.us>
wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 November 2007 13:00:11 Michael Mol wrote:
>
> > (Seemed like a good idea for a discussion, so I split it off.)
>

> The distro's I typically burn are PCLinuxOS and Sidux because KDE is a bit
> more windows-like plus hardware detection is pretty good, maybe not quite
> as
> good as Ubuntu but close.
>

> Brad Becker
>

> Just curious,  according to distrowatch.com
PCLinuxOS is hot right now.  As much so as
Ubuntu it would appear in terms of the activity
numbers.

The question is why?  PCLinuxOS appears to
be a derivative of Mandrake and/or Mandriva,
which has long been considered a good distribution,
and was once a top choice,  but what about it is
drawing all the interest?  Why is someone choosing
it over Ubuntu for example?

     -Bob

But I'm not sure I see