[GRLUG] Firefox 3

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Nov 21 09:20:22 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 21, 2007 at 08:45:11AM -0500, Tim Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 21, 2007 8:39 AM, Scott Huffman <sjhuffman at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Firefox's doesn't just have the memory problem.  It also consumes
> > abnormally large amounts of CPU usage.  It's good that they are fixing
> > the memory leaks though.
>
> In my experience, Firefox tends to consume lots of ram, but doesn't
> seem too leaky (I've managed to keep a single instance running for > 3
> months at least - with hundreds of tabs open).  The second you install
> flash or java plugins, however, it turns into a leaky steaming pile of
> CPU cycle stealing crap.  :-/
>
> Just my 2 cents.

Uh...*hundreds* of tabs?  At the same time?  You know, the newest
version of Firefox has this really cool, innovative feature that will
help manage all this content you view.  It's called a "bookmark".  :-)

How in the world do you manage hundreds of open tabs?  It has to take
several minutes just to find the right tab!?
--
john-thomas
------