[GRLUG] TIVO with rabbit ears

Steve Romanow slestak989 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 19:45:37 EST 2007

Topher wrote:
>> I am looking to save some money when I move, so I dont really want to
>> get the obligatory 100+ bucks going to comcast.  anyone ever use tivo
>> with rabbit ears?
>>
>> tv consumes us now, so were looking forward to downscaling the choices
>> available.
>>

> Get the $13/mo package from Comcast, it's WAY better than rabbit ears, and
> costs WAY less than their normal packages.  It's called Basic.
>
> Topher
> Manager of Internet Services
> Cornerstone University Radio
>
> ------
> "It's about sharing, Bob."
>                          -- Larry The Cucumber

I thought about that.  I have the HD package with comcast now, and
between hd-dvr, digital voice, and internet, they get nearly 170 a month
from me.  I think I may get an roof mount antenna, then I can get a
series 3 tivo to record hd content.  In the long term, Comcast is too
expensive.  Is verizon fios in GR?  Two of my friends have it and it is
wonderful and cheap.  FIber all the way to the house.