[GRLUG] Passing button press events

Justin Popa tehpopa at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 19:12:02 EST 2007

I havent tried it, but I've tried Cedega and custom wine installs. However,
a quick google of codeweavers site shows that users w/ Crossover have the
same problem. It looks like it keeps coming back to X not allowing non-focus
apps to see the keypresses. It also looks like more and more people think
the solution(forgive me, I'm far from an expert here) would be to use the
/dev/input device. It would be nice if I could just link a serial mouse /dev
device to the USB device and set up a serial mouse in VMware. I know one guy
had a pretty simple solution that I might just have to use if I want this to
work. He took an old serial mouse and hacked it up. He then took the circuit
board and one button out and mounted them inside his main linux mouse, and
replaced one of the normal buttons on it with the serial circuits button.