[GRLUG] Describe your intro to Linux (Adam M. Erickson)

Adam Erickson erickson.adam.m at gmail.com
Fri Nov 16 16:01:24 EST 2007

Started using linux at the beginning of this year just out of curiousity.
'Ubuntu 6.1', I was very amazed at how far Linux has come since the 90's
when I first reviewed it.

 I am going through Ferris and to many teachers rely on Microsoft programs
to educate so I cannot switch to Linux completly.

 But that hasn't stopped my plans of converting people. I have already
disposed of 2 NTservers (FTP and WEB) and replaced them with Ubuntu Servers
with no little cost and I love how easy Ubuntu made it for a LAMP install.
At home, after a Beryl install my wife fell in love with Linux also.

MAIN POINT THAT TURNED ME TO LINUX IS.......The ability to learn again. =)
Since so much for servers, networking and programming is open source I can
learn again.
I cannot afford M$ $oftware and $ervers.

 I look forward to meeting you all someday,

 Adam M. Erickson

 *"Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and
you ruin a wonderful business opportunity."   Karl Marx*