[GRLUG] Describe your intro to Linux

John J Foerch jjfoerch at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 15 10:52:19 EST 2007

Michael Mol writes:
 > I don't remember exactly when I started using Linux.  I think it was
 > early winter when I was in 8th grade, which would put it in 1997.  My
 > parents ran a local BBS and ISP (called Cyberspace BBS and GRNet,
 > respectively), and the DNS server and Lynx shells ran on a Red Hat
 > box.  A couple friends of mine talked about nothing but Linux, so I
 > thought I'd give it a try.  I installed it and got it working, and was
 > completely taken by the screen savers...

I remember Cyberspace BBS.  A friend of mine used that as an isp and
was heavily into one of the role-playing games on it.  I checked it
out a couple of times, but for the most part I was into the
Renegade-based BBSes in town.  I was a sysop for my high school's BBS,
"Full Spectrum".  Small world--er, city.

--John