[GRLUG] OpenDNS

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Wed Nov 14 13:47:58 EST 2007

On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 12:59:24PM -0500, Steve Romanow wrote:
> john-thomas richards wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 14, 2007 at 10:46:30AM -0500, Benjamin Flanders wrote:
> >
> >> What I meant was, and I realize I didn't really specify, logging in to
> >> OpenDNS and going to the dashboard and disabling typo correction which
> >> points incorrect addresses to the guide page.
> >>

> > You log into OpenDNS?  Hmm...  I just use the DNS server IP addresses in
> > /etc/resolv.conf.  Something new to check out...
> >

> >> That kid... He was just plain weird.
> >>

> > Heh.  I, er, *he* forgives you.
> >
> lol, I think he means account maintenence at opendns.org.

I know.  I had no idea OpenDNS offered accounts.  Literally.  I found their
DNS server addresses and plugged 'em in to my box a looong time ago.  I have
not been back to the site in nearly as long.  I did not know they offered
site blocking and such.  I will be trying out these features soon.
--
john-thomas
------