[GRLUG] Web filter for kids?

Collin Kidder adderd at kkmfg.com
Thu Nov 8 13:38:14 EST 2007

Chris Lamrock wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with a good content filter for kids and
> linux?

Yeah, I know of an excellent one. It's foolproof even. It's called
parents. ;-) Seriously... Content filtering is a losing game. It never
seems to work right. Things always slip through the cracks. On top of
that, you either trust your kids on the net (which I wouldn't... I was a
teenager once) or you supervise. I suppose you might want some sort of
content filtering in case they accidentally get to somewhere bad.
Still, this is a losing game. I don't care how good you think your kids
are kids will try to get to places they shouldn't and content filters
tend to work worth dog crap. Just my incredibly sunshiny opinion. ;-)