[GRLUG] Failing Firefox

Ben Rousch brousch at orthicomp.net
Mon May 7 16:25:58 EDT 2007

----- "Jason Kisner" <airplanejay at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ok. I need to know how to REINSTALL Ubuntu Edgy Eft from the root
> directory,
> because the install disc won't take. I get to the "Start or Install'
> screen
> and "Enter"... Black Hole of Doom. Nothing. Nada. Zilch. So I would
> like to
> know how to reinstall *Ubuntu Edgy Eft *from the root directory.
> There. *
> 'fwioo'*
>
> On 5/7/07, Ben Rousch <brousch at orthicomp.net> wrote:
> >

> > ----- "Michael Mol" <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > reinstall
> learned
> > > how to.
> > >
> > > Like I said earlier:
> > >
> > > apt-get install --reinstall mozilla-firefox
> > >
> > > --
> > > :wq
> >

> > Well, that is the command for a Debian/Ubuntu system, but I can't
> see
> > where he actually says what distro he is using.
> >
> > And he actually asks how to install, "linux from root." You assume
> he
> > meant to say, "install Firefox on Linux as root," but who knows what
> is
> > really going on.
> >
> > So, Jason, can you give us a few more details?
> >
> > --
> > - Ben Rousch

> Rensik nosaj si eman ym.
> Worromot rof nalp, yadot rof evil.

Did you try the Safe Graphics option? I have to use that about half of the times I have installed Ubuntu.

You should realize that if you reinstall that you will lose any settings or documents you have saved, unless you have manually created a separate /home partition during your last install. If you want to save anything, you need to do it before you reinstall.

You may be able to save your previous install, if you let us know what you did to mess it up ...

--
- Ben Rousch