[GRLUG] Failing Firefox

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 7 14:36:55 EDT 2007

On 5/7/07, Jason Kisner <airplanejay at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have a problem with Firefox failing. It stays open long enough for me to
> click on a link... and then closes w/out an error message. This all started
> when I inadvertantly installed a plugin that was not compatible with Firefox
> 2.0.0.3. I have since removed the plugin but Firefox still fails. I have
> tried everything I know of to do short of completely removing and freshly
> installing Firefox.

Erasing your Firefox profile would be the fastest and most effective
way to do it.  It may be at ~/.mozilla, ~/.mozilla-firefox or
~/.firefox.  However, that'll erase all of your personal settings.

BTW, why not remove and reinstall Firefox?  In Ubuntu, it's simple:

# apt-get install --reinstall mozilla-firefox