[GRLUG] Poll: Linux interests and availability

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Mon May 7 14:27:20 EDT 2007

       1. Are you interested in Linux for personal or professional
purposes?

Want to use for personal and understand how my customers are using for
professional purposes.

      2. What do you use Linux for?

Linux seems to be gaining ground with my smaller customers who like the
cost and stability, my larger customers are using Linux to run clusters
and I would like to learn more about how it works in a cluster
environment.

	3. What kinds of meeting times would be most suitable for your
schedule?  Weekends? Weekdays?  Business hours?

Business hours will not work for me which is why I offered to help spur
a meeting from 6-8pm.

	4. Are you interested in meetings primarily for topical
presentations, 	or are you more interested in question-answer periods
and one-on-one 	discussion?

Presentations are good but I am more interested in learning from other
GRLUG members in an open forum.

	If enough people are interested, I'd suggest that we have a
second set 	of meetings, a monthly social-type event where we'd have
some food and 	have walkthrough-type activities and peer discussion
instead of the 	top-down presentation model we have at normal meetings.

I'm all for this idea also.

Casey