[GRLUG] Poll: Linux interests and availability

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon May 7 11:30:31 EDT 2007

In the interest in having meetings targeted at appropriate audiences
at appropriate times, I'd like to ask a few questions.

1. Are you interested in Linux for personal or professional purposes?

2. What do you use Linux for?

3. What kinds of meeting times would be most suitable for your
schedule?  Weekends? Weekdays?  Business hours?

4. Are you interested in meetings primarily for topical presentations,
or are you more interested in question-answer periods and one-on-one
discussion?

If enough people are interested, I'd suggest that we have a second set
of meetings, a monthly social-type event where we'd have some food and
have walkthrough-type activities and peer discussion instead of the
top-down presentation model we have at normal meetings.

The GRCC LUG operated in this way, and we helped a few people get
Linux up and running on laptops and desktops.