[GRLUG] Linux server sync with MS Outlook

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Sun May 6 15:56:11 EDT 2007

> Ben, this definitly sounds like the solution I am looking for, can you
> clarify though, when you say server is there a specific Ubuntu install
> that is a server or do you mean a desktop installation running as a
> server? I'm still a little unclear on some of the terminology, right now
> I have SuSE 10.2 but would gladly change if the other worked better. Can
> you advise? I have plenty of hardware for this app.

/me pretends to be Ben

You can compile Zimbra to run on anything, but this page:
http://www.zimbra.com/community/downloads.html  shows that they offer
easy-install binaries for these distros:

Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4 (.tgz)
Fedora Core 4 (.tgz)
Fedora Core 5 (.tgz)
Mac OSX (.dmg)
SUSE 10 (.tgz)
SUSE 9 (.tgz)
Debian 3.1 (.tgz)
Ubuntu 6 (.tgz)
Mandriva 2006 - Beta

As for your other question, Ubuntu does indeed have "server" version which
doesn't install a GUI and does install common daemons.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------