[GRLUG] Cheap Laptop Needed

Collin adderd at kkmfg.com
Fri Mar 30 11:18:24 EDT 2007

Of course, that only helps a little bit. Seeing that your laptop is now
on pool144.grmich.sbcglobal.net does not do you a lot of good. Sure, the
laptop is still in GR but so are 150,000 people. Which one of them took
it? You can forget the phone company releasing the records for who has
that IP unless you happen to be the RIAA or federal gov't. So all you'll
get is the nice, warm feeling that you were able to help someone in
grand rapids to get a laptop.
New Mastercard like commercial:
IP info:  $0.02
Feeling worse knowing a little bit of info but not knowing enough: Priceless
For everything else there's a bullet to the head for anyone that steals.
I can't stand thieves.

Unless, of course, they are dumb enough to connect it to an IP
registered to themselves or a single business.