[GRLUG] laptops

Luke McReynolds luke.mcreynolds at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 20:00:21 EDT 2007

I'm running the same machine as Darth Linux - an HP dv8000
(technically a dv8110us - 17.4 inch widescreen, 1.25 GB RAM, Turion64
1.8 Ghz, 1440x900 resolution). Most things worked fine right out of
the box: I had to manually configure the wireless card (install
ndiswrapper) and the video card (ATI Radeon Xpress 200M - I followed
the instructions at http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=321766
and it worked perfectly. Beryl is awesome.)

It's heavy, but it's a nice laptop, and even has a fullsize keyboard.
Kubuntu is very friendly with it. (I haven't been able to get the card
reader working, but S-Video out is fine.)

I'm running Ubuntu 6.10.