[GRLUG] Flash in Ubuntu Edgy broke today (in Firefox)

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Thu Mar 22 10:42:42 EDT 2007

Anyone else notice this?  I was prompted to install some updates this
morning, and now Flash (9.0 r31) doesn't work in Firefox.  It shows up
in about:plugins.  It still seems to work okay in Mozilla, though, which
is interesting.

I'm at work, so I can't spend a lot of time troubleshooting.  If anyone
else has/had this problem and already figured it out, that would be
swell.  Just figured I'd ask...  can't hurt...

Here's what I'm getting in the terminal:

** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)

** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)

** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)

** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)

** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)

** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)

** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)

** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)

** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)

** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)

Error: Object "drawingArea" does not have windowed ancestor
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

Thanks!

-Ben