[GRLUG] tiny vm

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Tue Jun 19 19:49:31 EDT 2007

> I second that (Debian easy install).  I too downloaded the business cd
> image and installed both a VM and my home file server (soon to
> "hopefully" become a RADIUS server for my wifi).  I unchecked everything
> from the install options.  I mean, everything, from the home box, then
> apt-get'ed what I wanted (samba, etc).

I already have an ubuntu server cd, so I think I'm going to give it a
shot.

> What kind of VPN technology does your work use?

It's a cisco system.  I have it working wonderfully on my laptop.  I know
how to do everything I want to, I'm just curious about the easiest way to
get a tiny install.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"People, I think, read too much to themselves; they should read aloud from
time to time to hear the language, to feel the sounds."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, The Lonesome Gods