[GRLUG] tiny vm

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Tue Jun 19 10:25:28 EDT 2007

I have a need, and I want to resolve it in a specific way, mostly for the
learning involved.

I have an XP box at home for my kids to play on. I want to install a Linux
VM on it, probably with vmplayer.  This Linux VM needs to do 2 things: get
on my work vpn, and let me ssh in and out.

I'm pretty open about what distro, but I want something that lets me
(during install) trim just about everything.  Ubuntu doesn't I don't
think, and the last time I installed Debian it was a hellish experience.
Fedora lets you cut out just about everything, and I've used it, so I'm
thinking about going that route.

Do any of the micro-distros let you pick and choose packages during
install?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"There's no way I know of that a body can foresee the future, but sometimes
he can read it pretty well if he knows the way folks think."
                         -- Louis L'Amour, Mustang Man