[GRLUG] Nokia N800

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Tue Jul 10 08:33:00 EDT 2007

> I can't speak to the N800 specifically, but based on my experience with
> the Linux handhelds that I've used (the Zaurus models including my
> current SL-C760), Linux-based handhelds make lousy PDAs right now.
> Palm might change that with their new platform, but that's still in the
> future.

I would agree on this.  Beyond that, the N800 doesn't even pretend to be a
PDA.  The Zaurus was designed to be a PDA and didn't do well in that
regard.  The N800 doesn't even have PDA tools like a calendar and stuff.
It's an internet terminal.  If you always have net access you can then use
whatever net tools you'd like, and it would probably work great.