[GRLUG] Correction InstallFest Feb 6th 4PM-6PM+

Marc Zuverink mzuverink at gmail.com
Wed Jan 24 09:51:51 EST 2007

Greg Folkert wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 00:58 -0500, Marc Zuverink wrote:
>>
>> Greg Folkert wrote:
>>> Okay, I've got some spare time on my hands.
>>>
>>> Plenty of Band width. Lotsa CDs I got a while ago just sitting there
>>> doing nothing.
>>>
>>> What is needed for Install?
>>>
>>> First off, are there any architectures other than X86? AMD64 is
>>> possible, but remember chroots are needed for any 32 bit software to
>>> work, like Adobe stuff, Flash, Acrobat... and many other "Linux
>>> Supported" but not really understanding the full spectrum app providers
>>>
>>> Second,  What Distros?
>>>      1. Debian (Etch, Sid), Net installs only. No Sarge.
>>>      2. Ubuntu (Dapper(LTS)?, Edgy, Feisty)
>>>              1. Alternates
>>>              2. Standard (install from LiveCD)
>>>      3. Fedora 6
>>>      4. Gentoo 2006.1 (some really new stuff might be problematic)
>>>      5. Arch
>>>      6. CentOS
>>>      7. ?
>>>      8. ?
>>>      9. ?
>>>     10. ?
>>>     11. ?
>>>
>>> Okay, if you request one, make sure you are there.
>>>

>> I would like to install Slackware on my HP dv1000 laptop.
>
> Slackware 11, do you have a DVD Reader in it?
>
> Can you get the exact model number on it, there are about
> Eleventy-Hundred dv1000 models.

It is a HP Pavilion dv1000 ( EP351UA#ABA)
Pent M 1700MHz
1024 Ram
Up to 128 vid
Cant find anything else on it or the box regarding additional product
number.

I can give you additional info regarding components if you wish, let me
know.

- --
Marc Zuverink <mzuverink at gmail.com>

And we don't mean to sound like we're trippin
But we swear to God
We saw Lou Reed cow tippin
		~The little Willies ft. Norah Jones