[GRLUG] COMCAST and TERRIBLE DNS

Ron Lauzon rlauzon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 20:05:10 EST 2007

Bill Creswell wrote:
> Do you mean you are changin the DNS servers on your router?

/etc/resolv.conf

The above file contains the DNS servers of your system.  In my case, it
gets refreshed every hour or so.
I have a /etc/resolv.conf.ron file out there and when I notice that my
DNS is resolving slowly, I just copy it over /etc/resolv.conf.

But you can change it in the router if you want.  I can also set my
system to not get DNS information from the DHCP request and instead use
the servers that I tell it to.

--
Ron Lauzon - rlauzon at acm dot org
   Homepage: http://7lauzon.home.comcast.net/

   DNRC: Lord of All Things That Are Fattening

   "To be sure, conservative radio talk show hosts have a built-in
   audience unavailable to liberals: People driving cars to some
   sort of job." - Ann Coulter

Microsoft Free since July 06, 2001
Running Mandriva Linux 2007