[GRLUG] OpenMoKo - the Linux iPhone

adderd at kkmfg.com adderd at kkmfg.com
Sun Jan 14 13:15:36 EST 2007

There isn't really that much buzz unless you mean on slashdot where
everyone gets a big smile on there face (or a big something anyway)
whenever Apple releases  anything. Even there there was an article about
the recent realization of how the iPhone isn't the uber gadget people were
saying it was. Come to find out, it's an overpriced, over styled piece of
ill conceived garbage. It's locked to cingular, has no stylus, can't
install 3rd party software without Apple's blessing on said software, and
no physical keyboard. I'll keep my Treo, thanks. Apple may have struck a
chord with the iPod but I'm thinking their luck is gone this time around.
The no stylus idea alone is the dumbest thing I've heard of since the puck
mouse and we all know which company put that little gem out.

As for the Neo1973, it suffers from some of the same problems: No
keyboard, doesn't mention having a stylus. But it's cheaper and will allow
3rd party apps. AND, it's not locked to only Cingular. I might get over
the lack of keyboard in exchange for the other things so I'm still a bit
interested in this so long as it really does have a stylus.