[GRLUG] SCO Unix site survey

Phillip Hebenstreit phillip at phtconsulting.com
Wed Dec 12 13:21:06 EST 2007

Hello everyone,

I have a lead on a SCO Unix migration project.  The office wants to move a
database from SCO Unix to Mac, if possible.  I need to do a site survey to
determine what database they are using and if it has the ability to export
the data and then determine if there is a comparable system available for
their new Mac environment.

The office doesn't know anything about the computer system they are
currently using, they don't even know what version of SCO they are using,
that is why I have to do a site survey.

Can anyone suggest tips for doing the site survey?  I want to get all the
information I can the first time without leaving and then thinking of
something that I should have checked while onsite.

Thank you,

Phill