[GRLUG] Linux desktop marketshare

Chase Bolen chase.bolen at gmail.com
Wed Dec 12 11:18:36 EST 2007

I've had satellite for a couple months.  It's supposed to be 1.5Mbps down,
but I never see even close to that of course.  The best I've gotten was
around 130Kbps with bittorrent.  I'm pretty sure we're being rate-limited
now, though, because I haven't seen above 16K in a month or so.  My
connection drops at least once every couple days (more often if I run
bittorrent), and I have to have the router release and renew the IP to
regain it.  Oh, and the lag is on the order of several seconds, so gaming
would be atrocious.  If Comcast ran their cable another half mile down to
me, or the GR WiMax project ever gets off the ground, I'd switch in a
heartbeat.

(First post btw)