[GRLUG] odd GNOME app behavior for one user but not another

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Sat Dec 1 15:00:18 EST 2007

My wife has a problem with a GNOME app (gnomesword) that I do not have
on the same machine.  When I am logged in the app runs just fine.  When
she tries to run it, she gets an error message that states, "The
Application 'gnomesword' has quit unexpectedly."  Nothing else.  When
she starts the app from a commandline, the only output from the app is
"Initiating GNOME session handler" and then another prompt (after the
GNOME dialog box is closed).  I deleted the subdirectory containing all
the gnomesword settings.  This is regenerated when gnomesword is run
for the "first" time (in that there are no prior settings).  The app
will not start.  Whenever I run it, it works just fine.  What really
puzzles me is that this is on the same machine.  Any ideas?
--
john-thomas
------