[GRLUG] power troubles

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Wed Aug 29 22:37:36 EDT 2007

> On Wed, Aug 29, 2007 at 12:21:13PM -0400, Topher wrote:
>> I did some checking, and it was happening every 59-61 seconds.  That made
>> me hunt for a software issue.  On a reboot, I chose the kernel one
>> previous to my latest, and it appears to have fixed it.
>
> Could be a power management bug in the kernel or ACPI.  How old is the
> computer?

I built it this summer with all new parts.  The kernel that caused the
trouble I've been using for about a month I think.

It's been up for 11 hours now, so I'm happy.  Who knew I'd ever be happy
to count my uptime in hours?

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"I'm running out of words to describe how fun this is."
 			-- Jason Weed, re: Linux