[GRLUG] Debian Etch 4.0 Released

Greg Folkert greg at gregfolkert.net
Mon Apr 9 17:17:08 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 17:00 -0400, Bob Kline wrote:
> Relax.  I was in point of fact saying
> that in fact Debian is the best example
> of a reliable and stable version of Linux.
>
> According to distrowatch.com Ubuntu,
> and then SuSe,  are by far the major
> distributions at this time. Debian was
> a few years ago,  and it is curious that it
> is no longer.
>
> Otherwise,  you've wasted a good tongue
> lashing.  If you've turned red too,  take time
> for a few deep breaths.  This is all for
> disucssion's sake remember.

Nope, redfaced is for face2face... then fists come into play...

Of course, I am just kidding with the previous comment.

But I am serious, look at Ubuntu, it is in fact based on Debian.

And, BTW Distrowatch is subjective. Now that Etch is stable, I'd guess
that within a few months it'll re-take at least 2nd, possibly 1st.

Its that Fickle consumer. If you look at "servers" only, you'd be
shocked at the number of Debian machines.
greg, greg at gregfolkert.net

the playfield. -- Thane Walkup