[GRLUG] C and C++ programing environment

Michael Mol mikemol at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 09:50:29 EDT 2007

On 4/9/07, Collin <adderd at kkmfg.com> wrote:
> Michael Mol wrote:
> > I'd only heard of it as a Java IDE; I didn't know it supported other
> > languages.  Neat!
> >

> It technically does support being an IDE for C/C++ but in my opinion
> you'd be better off using something more geared for  C/C++ work as
> opposed to java work. KDevelop is a very nice IDE and KDE kicks the junk
> out of Gnome anyway.

I haven't used KDE in a few years...I ran across a nasty bug that kept
replacing my font settings with an ugly script font and funky font
sizes.  I switched to GNOME and got used to it.

The one real thing about KDE that's kept me from switching back are
the keyboard shortcuts for KTerm...I can't use Alt-number to switch
tabs.  I tried setting the shortcuts, but they disappeared after I
closed the tabs and program.

Of course, now I'd also have to figure out where to set the screen dpi
again; I've grown rather attached to my oddball settings.