[GRLUG] selling my Zaurus.

Topher topher at wcsg.org
Mon Apr 9 09:17:44 EDT 2007

Welcome to tBay, Topher's Auction Site!  I totally made that up.

I'm selling my Zaurus.  I never use it, and it's just sitting here.  It
has one serious flaw, the battery is SHOT.  Which means if you unplug it,
it reverts to the ROM settings, everything you did is GONE.

Possible uses:

1. Find a good battery and use it like a normal Z.

B. It runs all sorts of servers like vnc, apache, sshd, etc, so leave it
plugged in and use it that way.  It has Opera, so I've used it to test
mobile web sites etc.

III.  Tell people you have a Linux based PDA to get chicks at parties.

What you get:

Sharp Zaurus 5500
CF-WIFI card
64M CF card
Cradle (rarely used)
Nylon case (not made for it, but it works
All original paperwork

The Z is black plastic painted silver, to look metal.  Due to normal wear,
the corners are black.  There's a tiny crack near the battery door where
it got pushed on once, but it doesn't affect structural integrity at all.

Except for the battery, it works just like the day I bought it.  I updated
the ROM once, which gave it some nice new things, but it's still the Sharp
ROM, and not OpenZaurus.

I honestly expect it to go to someone who just wants to mess around with
it, I've personally given up on using it as a legitimate tool.

I'll take what I can get for it.  if I don't get anything, it'll probably
sit here on my desk for a couple more years and then get pitched.

Seems like the cf wifi should be worth something though.

Topher
Manager of Internet Services
Cornerstone University Radio

------
"So we need to fill our website with relevant text that uses keywords we
want to be recognized with and have lots of relevant reciprocal links"
     -Darrell Yoder, budding search engine genius