[GRLUG] Enterprise hard drives

Casey DuBois cdubois at n-vint.com
Wed Apr 4 13:18:04 EDT 2007

Speaking of the (real) hardware solution I have 3-pcs of the following
if anyone has interest: Infortrend EonStor A16F-G1A2, FC-to-SATA RAID
Subsystem each configured with: 16-Bays (Trays included but NO Drives),
3U rack space, Two 2Gbps Fibre Host Channels, Single Controller, 512MB
Cache RAM

I have been selling for $1,750 on eBay but would offer for local pick-up
@ $1,650, we are running 4 of these in our datacenter with 250GB drives
but most of the 15-units I have sold are running 500GB or greater drives
(Western Digital WD500YS and Maxtor Maxline Pro 7H500FO seem to be the
best fit for these - Seagate not working).

Sincerely,

Casey M. DuBois
N-VINT, Inc.
616-656-5500 Office
866-337-2686 Direct
AOL IM: CaseyNVINT
cdubois at n-vint.com

"Real men don't use backups, they post their stuff on a public ftp
server and let the rest of the world make copies."

- Linus Torvalds