[GRLUG] Firefox 2.0 Bon Echo

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 30 17:12:16 EDT 2006

Raymond McLaughlin wrote:

> I'm not sure I like the way 2.0 handles tabs, in fact I have found one behavior
> that I'm pretty sure is wrong,

Scratch that, I just double checked, the behavior was a coding error in the page
that 1.5 let slide, but 2.0 didn't. It was my apge, I fixed the code, and both
browsers work as expected.

As far as my other issue with tab behavior: I opened about:config, searched on
the term "tabs", noticed the integer value "browser.tabs.closeButtons", did a
google on that term and found this page:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons> and particiularly this
part of the page:
<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.tabs.closeButtons#Possible_values_and_their_effects>

I didn't even have to restart after changing the value to 3, to get the style of
close button I'm used to. I can decide what I like, and change my mind as often
as I want.

2.0 Is looking good!

Raymond McLaughlin