[GRLUG] Firefox 2.0 Bon Echo

Raymond McLaughlin driveray at ameritech.net
Sat Sep 30 16:45:47 EDT 2006

Nathan Drier wrote:
> Yea,  I dont think you can have them side by side....

The back up procedure is as a precaution, I currently have both 1.5.0.7 and
2.0rc1 installed. I prefer to download the precompiled binary package and
install it manually in /opt.

I have avoided running both at the same time, but I can close one and start the
other with no apparent problem. One amusing thing is that the first time I start
1.5 after having run 2.0 is that it goes automatically to the "You Have Update
Firefox Successfully" page. And the first time I fire up 2.0 after having run
1.5 it goes to the placeholder for the "Updated " page for 2.0.

I'm not sure I like the way 2.0 handles tabs, in fact I have found one behavior
that I'm pretty sure is wrong, but I want to play with it a little more befor I
try to report it.

Regards
Raymond McLaughlin