[GRLUG] Linux @ school.

Chris Strandt strandtc at liquidweb.com
Wed Sep 27 00:29:52 EDT 2006

Keylogging isn't cool... period.

Although it sounds like most people here are all for circumventing the
censorship, I disagree, and suggest caution.  Depending on where you
goto school, there may be policies in place which can get you suspended
for circumventing filtering and security tools.

I think its entirely reasonable for a school to censor web content
available to students.  Is pornography acceptable?  I seriously don't
think students spending time on MySpace, fark, etc is useful.Full
disclosure... I used to work in a public school district technology
group, and I have a 2 year old kid.  At the same time.. I don't think
its right for China, or any other country, to censor the Internet.  I'm
just making a point about it being a public school environment.

That being said... keep going on your quest for Linux knowledge.  There
are far more interesting things going on outside of keyloggers, myspace,
gmail, and fark.

-Chris