[GRLUG] Linux @ school.

Tim Schmidt timschmidt at gmail.com
Tue Sep 26 23:49:50 EDT 2006

On 9/26/06, Ben Rousch <brousch at orthicomp.com> wrote:
> I pity those poor high school admins. They don't stand a chance against you
> resourceful students.

They should not be pittied...  they should fix their kung foo.  The
hallmark of a good admin is someone who can give their users what they
want, while protecting them from what they don't.  The public school
admins I've met have accomplished neither.

Part of the problem is likely that the admins have many bosses.  The
students, the faculty, and worst of all, the school administration.
They're not all horrid, however...  I've read new reports of some
decent-sounding school admins...  somewhere.

--tim