[GRLUG] I hate DRM

john-thomas richards jtr at jrichards.org
Mon Sep 11 10:49:42 EDT 2006

On Mon, Sep 11, 2006 at 09:55:15AM -0400, Mark Van Holstyn wrote:
> Do napster songs let you burn them to a cd? I know with Itunes protected
> songs, I just burned them to a cd, then ripped that cd for protectedless
> songs!
[snip]

Heh.  Cool.

If a song can be played it can be copied.  Unless the RIAA manages to get all
hardware - headphone jacks included - engineered in such a way as to prevent
this, copying music will be possible.  If it can be played then the music has
been decoded and as output is free of DRM.  The "tricky" part then becomes
recapturing the DRM-less output.

Then again, I am not a hacker of any sort so what do I know...

Very cool...uh..."tip" about the iTunes.
--
john-thomas
------