[GRLUG] Digital Audio Player

adderd at kkmfg.com adderd at kkmfg.com
Thu Sep 7 23:14:58 EDT 2006

That isn't a bad idea.

As someone who, to no fault of their own, has a significant hearing loss I
am well tuned to this sort of thing. The biggest problem with loud music,
and loud noise in general, is that high frequency hearing loss happens
first. Thus it is initially difficult to realize that it is occurring.
Sure, you might no longer be able to hear high pitched squeaks but you
probably won't miss that. It isn't until you have trouble understanding
people that you'll really realize what has occurred. Then it's a bit late.
On the plus side, you'll still be able to hear that killer bass from your
16" subs. ;-)

Probably more than most any of you cared to know about hearing loss but
well... The soapbox needs to be stepped on from time to time.