[GRLUG] Digital Audio Player

Benjamin Flanders flanderb at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 22:30:42 EDT 2006

Side note on the loud music topic.  I bought some hearing protection
that looks like some big solid earmuffs.  I use this while I am mowing
with bud-style ear-phones and I can have the volume set at a
reasonable level.  I also use these when I am hammering or doing
anything else noisy.  I mean I have them, I might as well use them.
I'm probably adding hours to my hearing lifetime each time I use em.

On 9/7/06, Matt Michielsen <mattmichielsen at gmail.com> wrote:
> I often wonder the same thing when I'm using my headphones in a loud
> area at work, while mowing, etc.  I mean, it can't be good for me.
> That being said, I'm an iPod fan.  Rhythmbox works pretty well for
> managing music on an iPod from Linux, but lately I've been using
> iTunes on a Mac.  I haven't tried Rockbox on the thing yet, but iPod
> Linux is pretty cool to play with.
>
> -mm
>
> On Sep 7, 2006, at 8:23 PM, john-thomas richards wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Sep 07, 2006 at 07:09:48PM -0400, Kyle Smith wrote:
> >> I prefer the small players without the color screen. I like the
> >> Creative Zen player because it's small and had decent battery life,
> >> even with a single AAA battery. I don't think they make it with
> >> anything near 20GB storage though. I work in a metal fabrication shop
> >> and I can still hear it over the noise of all the machines.
> >
> > Is that safe?
> > --
> > john-thomas
> > ------
> > Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper.
> > Thomas Jefferson (1743-1826)

Share and Enjoy