[GRLUG] Digital Audio Player

Szymon Machajewski SMachaje at grcc.edu
Thu Sep 7 14:15:51 EDT 2006

fyi

http://www.redhat.com/magazine/021jul06/features/iaudio/
http://www.redhat.com/magazine/019may06/features/ospodcasting/

Szymon Machajewski

Solutions Engineer / DBA
Red Hat Certified Engineer
Oracle Certified Associate
Microsoft Certified Solution Developer
www.grcc.edu/smachaje

>>> "Benjamin Flanders" <flanderb at gmail.com> 9/7/2006 2:02:47 pm >>>
I'm interested in your opinions here.  How many of you have a DAP,
which one do you have and would you recommend it.  Are you looking at
a dap and have already done some research and are willing to summarize
some of that research?

History:

I have an iRiver mp3/CD player that is dead, not able to read straight
audio Cd's, doesn't recognize most data Cd's, I think it has to do
with some laser alignments ... but anyway.  I used love this thing
because I can take it mountain biking and it's 8 minute skip
protection and the fact that a CD laser is relatively miles away from
the playing surface means that this activity wouldn't destroy it.
Also, it played ogg files and when I wanted a change of music a quick
cd change and I had a full 700mb of different music!!

Man I miss that thing...

Well, I am now that flash players have overcome the storage of a cd
and they are damn small and sexy, I'm thinking this is the way I am
going to go.

My take so far:
The Sansa e200 series looks almost perfect, with the exception that it
doesn't play ogg.  It has good storage(2-8gb), a little video, nice
price point, small, voice recording.

--
Share and Enjoy