[GRLUG] Sendmail as secondary (backup) MX

Benjamin Eavey ben at eavey.com
Tue Oct 31 16:54:20 EST 2006

This would work if I were in control of the other mail servers, but I'm
not.  I'm just acting as a backup in case the other servers are down, to
make sure mail will be queued up.  The other mail servers have their own
admins who don't communicate with me when they add and remove users.

It's sounds like I have things set up "correctly" -- it's just that
doing things correctly, in this case, is kinda crappy.

So there's no way for my server to simply drop any undeliverable
messages it receives from the servers it's backing up?  It's pretty safe
to say that any undeliverables are probably spam.

It feels messy.  Any more advice, from anyone?

Thanks,
-Ben