[GRLUG] webdav in ubuntu

Godwin geektoyz at gmail.com
Wed Oct 25 15:39:00 EDT 2006

I played with it a bit - quite a while ago.  With this config in
apache's virtual hosts section, I'm able to post anonymously from
Thunderbird's Calendar Extension.

!!!! Clearly NOT secure !!!!

part of my vhosts.conf
--------------------------------
<VirtualHost 192.168.180.45:80>
   DocumentRoot "/home/www/webmail.yourhosthere.com/web"
   ServerName webmail.yourhosthere.com
   ServerAlias webmail.internalname.net webmail
   DAVLockDB /home/www/webmail.yourhosthere.com/DAVLock
   Alias /calendar /home/www/webmail.yourhosthere.com/calendar
   <Location /calendar>
      DAV On
#    AllowOverride None
      AllowOverride All
      Options None
#    <Limit PUT POST DELETE PROPFIND PROPPATCH MKCOL COPY MOVE LOCK UNLOCK>
#        Require user johnqpublic
#    </Limit>
   </Location>
</VirtualHost>
--------------------------------

It should get ya' started...

Godwin

On 10/25/06, Topher <topher at wcsg.org> wrote:
> Heya, I'm trying to get webdav set up on my desktop, so I can serve stuff
> easily to people in my building.
>
> I've googled for a couple days now, and apparently either no-one's ever
> wanted to do this before, or it's so simple that no-one needs to comment
> on it.
>
> Anyone ever tried it?  I installed the webdav stuff via apt-get, but there
> are a bunch of config things I need to put in place in the apache2 conf
> files.
>
> Topher
> Manager of Internet Services
> Cornerstone University Radio
>
> ------
> "Don't worry!  I'm a super hero!  I take care of monsters and sharks!"
>                          -- Molly, to a friend

Ubber::Geek
http://grlug.org/