[GRLUG] MythTV

Nick Reid linux at toomanycomputers.com
Thu Oct 19 21:51:53 EDT 2006

On Sun, 2006-10-15 at 17:40 -0400, Bruce Smith wrote:

> It's almost winter.  Snow is to be expected!  :-)

Gee, thanks. I and getting very frustrated with it and don't want to
fight with it all winter and still have nothing.

> > does anyone have suggestions.
>
> Check all your settings (there are a LOT of them).
> Make sure you have all US settings (NTSC, etc.).
> Make sure you have the correct input selected on the card.

ok, one biggie. what is the cable type for Comcast.
i used the ptune and cycled them all and still only get snow when using
the "tuner" input. i guess i should check the svid/composite in and see
it there is anything there even.

> They recently had a major new release (0.20), and there were some bugs
> (to be expected), but the bugs seem to be relatively minor from what I
> gathered from reading the list (I haven't upgraded myself yet).

i am planning on .20 but i have a friend at work that is also fighting
with making myth work. it seems there is some issues with the PVR cards
and Nvidia's current drivers...

anyone see issues like these?

thanks.