[GRLUG] Meeting agenda?

Justin Denick justin.denick at gmail.com
Thu Oct 19 07:50:01 EDT 2006

On 10/18/06, Michael Mol <mikemol at gmail.com> wrote:

> Sounds fine.
>
> I'm going to run from a clean install of Debian as a source.  I
> haven't gotten around to learning the Ubuntu way of things yet.

Just curious. But will you be explaing the specifics of the Kernel as it is
related to the entries in 'menuconfig'. Not at the source code level, but at
least define what each section is for.
I most curious about the Device Drivers Section.

Hm.  Does anyone have any recommendations for Linux benchmarking software?

> On 10/18/06, Szymon Machajewski <SMachaje at grcc.edu> wrote:
> > Could we finalize the agenda for the coming meeting?
> >
> > I propose for the next meeting the following topics:
> >
> > Tue - 3:00pm (Nov 7) - GRCC ATC room 214 (free parking under ATC)
> >
> > 1. Compiling the kernel on Ubuntu - Michael Mol
> > 2. MySQL + PHP, - Topher
> > 3. osCommerce installation including PHP,MySQL, Apache
> >
> > Is Michael and Topher ok with the date and the place?
> > Any volunteers to present osCommerce etc ?

> > OK.  The demo will be on Ubuntu.
> >
> > What questions do people around here have when it comes to compiling a
> > Linux kernel?
> >
> > On 10/10/06, Nathan Drier <ndrier at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > Id be super excited to see a little demo on kernel building.  I'd
> > even skip
> > > my M$ Client / Server class to attend on that tuesday =)
> > >
> > > nate

> > new
> > > Linux user would face, and also the scariest.
> > into
> > > the next.

> > > --
> > > www.bumtrek.com