[GRLUG] MythTV

Nick Reid linux at toomanycomputers.com
Sun Oct 15 17:08:26 EDT 2006

I remember a while back (when that picture that was mentioned in another
email recently was taken) that we had a thread on MythTV going.

I bought some parts recently and have been fighting with them
unsuccessfully.

I have a PVR-500MCE and can't seem to get Myth  to make it run.
all i get is snow on it. It does record snow even (yeah) and will play
back.

does anyone have suggestions.

I installed off a Knoppmyth CD from July i believe.

I am looking for a starting point for troubleshooting it.
I have a friend at work that is working over two of them and he's having
other issues but it seems to me that MythTV has become unstable in the
last few months as a product...

-nick